Pharmacist-Relief Pool at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Other about 14 hours ago.
Location: Federal Way, Washington
THE PHARMACY RELIEF POOL TECHNICIAN ROLE FOR POD 3 IS REQUIRED TO
TRAVEL TO THESE PHARMACIES: OLYMPIA, TACOMA SPECIALTY, TACOMA SOUTH, PUYALLUP,
FEDERAL WAY AND KENT.
Pharmacists at Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington ensure that patients receive safe and effective, optimal medication therapy while providing expertise and information to empower patients and prescribers to make informed choices in medication therapy. Pharmacists ensure that pharmacy care is coordinated with the patient care plan.
* Interprets prescription orders and dispenses drugs and devices. Counsels patients using clear and effective communication skills and providing written information as necessary. Ensures patient safety by identifying opportunities to prevent unusual occurrences; consistently performs safety checks when dispensing medications; and takes appropriate steps to resolve and report unusual occurrences. Demonstrates dedication to evidence-based medicine by using appropriate references to form recommendation to patients and providers; clearly communicates rationale around mediation therapy selection: stays current on clinical initiatives and priorities: and evaluates clinical appropriateness of medication therapy.
* Supervises pharmacy assistants, technicians, interns and externs in all aspects of daily pharmacy workflow including the appropriate processing and releasing of prescriptions and customer service.
* Provides medical, nursing and other clinical staff with information regarding medication use management, drug therapy, preferred protocols and guidelines to include therapeutic values, hazards and uses of medications.
* Ensures the proper and safe storage of medications and keeps accurate records of such.
* Minimum two (2) years of pharmacy practice and technical experience within last five (5) years.
* Experience interacting with an interdisciplinary team, including physicians within the last two (2) years.
* Bachelor's degree in pharmacy.
License, Certification, Registration
* Washington State Pharmacy license is required at time of hire/transfer.
* Communication, customer service, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of pharmacy practice standards, laws and regulations.
* Doctor of pharmacy degree.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
medication therapy management, pharmacy practice, patient safety, prescription, evidence-based medicine, nursing, medication administration, drug interactions, health, clinical, dispensing, physicians, customer service, problem solving, patient care