Job title: Software Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Emp type: Full-time
Location: Chicago, United States
Job published: 2019-07-11
Job ID: 41796
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer to join their Chicago office. You will be developing systems which contribute to the companys low-latency trading platform.
* Develop systems that will contribute to the low-latency trading platform.
* You will be working closely with traders, quants and other software engineers to implement and extend the different parts of the trading infrastructure including low-latency trade execution services, tick data infrastructure, database service layers, exchange connections, back testing systems, GUIs, risk management systems, calculation and modeling engines and compliance monitoring tools.
* The applicant will use modern software tools in an agile project management process with a focus on continuous integration and regression testing to build highly performant code in a Linux environment.
* Core proficiency in C++11, preferably on a Linux platform
* Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
* Experience with multithreading, real-time systems and socket programming
* Ultra-low latency programming experience
* Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
* Experience in finance or trading is a definite plus
* A self-motivated personality with a passion for working in a trading organization
* Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, and math
If you would like to be considered for the position of Software Engineer or wish to discuss the role further then please leave your details below. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: email@example.com or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 72176) to speak to a member of our team. Thank you
agile methodologies, linux, software engineering, python, ruby, multithreading, computer science, continuous integration, c/c++, object oriented programming (oop), scripting, socket programming, project management, agile project management, problem solving