Fall HIV Communications Fellow
Save the Children
Save the Children is at the forefront of the global response in the fight against the HIV/AIDS pandemic, especially among children and adolescents, in nearly 100 countries worldwide. We are collaborating with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM), the US Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and several other donors. The HIV and TB Unit at Department of Global Health leads the HIV and TB programs globally and also manages the Global Fund as account holder.
The Unit is currently seeking the services of a communication fellow who will be responsible to provide the editorial, digital and administrative/logistical support to the units programs, content and overall brand to internal and external audiences.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
* Provide editorial support for HIV and TB Unit Newsletter by editing case stories, programmatic updates and briefs, assembling photos for selection, writing photo captions, tracking photo credits, and assembling informational page
* Write original blog posts to promote the work of the HIV and TB unit
* Identify and draft news items for inclusion in the units email newsletter
* Support in writing and compiling stories for story books to be created for specific projects and grants
* Support updating HIV&TB Cap statements and country project profiles
* Edit and release blog posts contributed by various country programs and partners, including blogposts (as provided), during various international conferences and events.
* Assist the HIV and TB unit in live coverage of events on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram.
* Follow up with programs to get/share their photos and videos after events, uploading the photos onto the organizations internal server and web links etc.
* Organize and support Team meetings and other activities
* Support tracking New Business Development activities and provide logistic support on active bids
* Support organizing and participate in bi-weekly HIV and TB unit team meetings
* Provide administrative and logistical support, if needed and requested by supervisor
* Assist with administrative and logistical tasks associated with planning and executing events managed by the unit
* Other duties as needed.
* Must be an actively enrolled graduate or post-graduate student or have graduated within 6 months of start date
* Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Currently eligible to work in the U.S.
* Working knowledge of content management systems and other digital tools preferred; knowledge of Photoshop a plus.
* Excellent research, writing, and verbal skills
* Please attach resume and cover letter to your application
What is In It for You
* Structured learning and development program
* Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
* Highly collaborative and innovative teams
* Networking program with managers across the organization
* Flexible schedule
* A family friendly work environment
* The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world
* around the world
Classification: Paid Fellow
Part-time: 20 hours per week
Dates: September 24th to December 6th 2019
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children every day and in times of crisis transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Childrens policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
editing, event management, facebook, writing, web content, editorial, content management, twitter, grants, instagram, news, research, microsoft office, microsoft word, adobe photoshop