2 months ago
Under the leadership of the Volunteer Coordinator, the intern will provide assistance with volunteer management, training and other human resource responsibilities for both The Bridge Teen Center and Thrift Store. The internship will heavily focus on elements of retention and recruitment.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Assist the Volunteer Coordinator with scheduling, training, and appreciating volunteers.
2. Assist with the volunteer application process by screening applications, setting up interview appointments, and observing interviews.
3. Attend outreach and recruiting events such as job, college, and volunteer fairs.
4. Create and post new social media posts to volunteer Facebook group.
5. Update internship and volunteer online postings.
6. Evaluate and propose new retention and recruitment policies in the department.
7. Build influential relationships with students and volunteers during programs.
8. Assist in researching and maintaining volunteer department procedures.
9. Process and organize department paperwork.
10. Assist with the quarterly volunteer newsletter, including content and writing.
11. Create monthly inspiration and update the “volunteer corner” bulletin boards.
12. Recruit, interview, schedule, and lead basic training for students in job-readiness program.
13. Provide daily administrative support, including answering phones, greeting guests and giving tours.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator.
Required graduation year
2024 - 2027
Number of positions available
1. Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
2. Sensitivity to different opinions.
3. A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
4. Personal and professional integrity.
5. The ability to work well with individuals and groups of students.
6. The ability to lift over 10 to 15 pounds.
7. Clear and creative thinking.
8. The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
9. Strong organizational skills.
10. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
11. A sense of humor.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
1. Set personal goals for what they would like to accomplish during their internship.
2. Have regular informational meetings with staff.
3. Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
4. Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
5. Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
6. Not be afraid of asking questions.
7. Take initiative.
About The Bridge Teen Center
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
The Bridge Teen Center has not provided an expected interview date. If The Bridge Teen Center chooses not to move forward with your application, they will notify you.
Get email updates for the latest Human Resources Intern jobs in Orland Park, IL
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks