RealAtom is a fast-growing fintech company focused on the commercial real estate industry. We have an immediate need for a bright, determined and proactive MBA Intern with experience or interest in commercial real estate (CRE) loan sales.
Take this unique opportunity to create new and lasting relationships with some of the most powerful and influential people in the commercial real estate industry and institutional investment community and join a startup that is reinventing commercial real estate lending industry.
CRE loan sales intern is a critical function that is responsible for developing and executing loan sales strategies, actively sourcing buyers and capital providers using real-market information, market research and traditional investment analysis. In addition, the intern will work closely with the technology team to participate in the customization of the existing technology for large volume loan sales. We are looking for an MBA or EMBA intern with experience in capital markets.
Main purpose of the role:
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to be a Rainmaker by helping RealAtom to create a new multi-billion dollar market for commercial real estate loan sales. Actively work with the CEO and the innovation team to analyze the new business opportunity related to CRE loan sales and help to execute investment solutions with buyers as well as capital markets players.
- Support RealAtom management to establish a newly initiated CRE loan sales business channel.
- Research and identify buyers for large ($100MM+) portfolios of performing CRE & multifamily loans.
- Reach out and discuss the opportunity with institutional investors (i.e., LifeCos, hedge funds, asset managers, banks, etc.).
- Actively monitor financial markets and economic developments impacting the CRE market, loan sales, and geographic data.
- Liaise with the product team and effectively communicate business requirements.
- Perform data analysis and create reports to analyze financial data and performance results.
Skills and experience:
- Confident communicator and strong interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality.
- Good functional understanding of or an overwhelming desire to learn commercial real estate loan sales, pricing, and modeling, incl. return calculations, pricing proxies in credit and relative value.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Understanding of CRE lending with a specialty focus in loan sales.
- Understanding of credit pricing, regulatory capital, statutory and economic return measures in the area of fixed income capital markets.
- Proficient user of MS Excel (VBA experience a plus).
- Preferred: Completion of formal credit training;
- Preferred: Experience data mining with an available market information system.
We're a team of exceedingly capable and diverse individuals suffering from the same startup bug. We maintain a flat company structure, where anyone can walk into a room and have a conversation or pitch ideas at any time. We encourage free-thinking; empower the entrepreneurial spirit; we take great pride in rewarding those who seek opportunity and will do whatever it takes to achieve it. Our office is designed to be a collaborative space. You'll get to know everyone on the team and share thoughts & ideas.
Join us, RealAtom, an innovative company modernizing the $3 trillion Commercial Real Estate lending.