PLA is seeking a detail oriented, creative, and dependable part-time meeting & events intern to work with association staff beginning in September 2019 to March 2020. Reporting to the Program Officer for Meetings and Events, the intern will provide a variety of support functions related to PLA events including but not limited to the PLA 2020 conference in February 2020. The ideal candidate will currently be an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in communication, public relations, event management, hospitality and/or a related field.
?Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
· Perform administrative tasks associated with meetings and events, such as event design research, event sourcing, budget creation, attendee registration, and event materials creation
· Manage travel logistics for staff and PLA Board members for various events
· Have a desire to learn about the not-for-profit trade association profession
· Have a desire to learn event planning and event management skills
· Responds to external member and attendee inquiries
· Brainstorm creative ideas/activities to enhance the attendee experience at PLA 2020 and appeal to different generations.
· Participate in meetings with PLA staff members to prepare for PLA 2020.
· Be able to travel to the PLA 2020, February 25-29, 2020 in Nashville, TN. PLA will pay for travel expenses, lodging, and a per diem for meals. Some overtime and overnight stay for PLA 2020 in Nashville, TN, is required.
· Have excellent written and verbal skills
· Have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and project management software
· Have a basic understanding of social media marketing
· Show punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments
· Be able to manage multiple deadlines
· Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned