A Communications Intern will be responsible for creating content for Beacon of Hope Crisis Center’s online presence through social media and other communications. We are looking for a passionate individual to bring bright ideas to Beacon of Hope Crisis Center that increase education and awareness within the community. This position will allow for flexibility – maximizing your skill set and building your resume. The Communications Intern will be expected to collaborate with the team on big projects and fundraising events. Exceptional writing and grammar ability as well as creative design skills; both need to be present and co-exist for this individual to be optimally successful in this internship role.
- Excellent organization
- Strong writing skills
- Punctuality and dependability
- Stay up to date on new trends & movements relating to domestic violence and sexual assault
- Research and create content for social media
- Write blog posts
- Implement fundraising initiatives
- Follow agency rules and protocols for admitting people to the center
- Foster an environment of respect with clients, callers and staff
Required hours, duration of internship, and start date will all be determined in conjunction with the applicant's schedule.