This internship position has two primary objectives: to strengthen relations with the referral community to encourage more wish granting in Arizona and to begin the wish journey for families by sharing wish approval and collecting necessary wish paperwork. Desired outcomes of this internship experience will include stronger communication skills, increased attention to detail in data maintenance and project organization, greater understanding of Make-A-Wish qualifying medical conditions, and heartfelt opportunities in positively affecting the life of a child with a critical illness.
Referral Intake and Medical Outreach
- Completes initial phone interview with caregivers of new wish children.
- Follows-up with medical staff on missing electronic forms.
- Conducts follow-up with wish families regarding paperwork.
- Assist in researching potential new referral sources throughout Arizona.
- Prepares and co-facilitates medical outreach presentations and events.
- Considers new medical outreach tools and endeavors.
- Assist in creating referral recognition gifts and activities.
- Assist in building medical outreach newsletter.