The New York Speech Coaching Internship Program is an opportunity for aspiring speech coaches and those interested in learning about the field to receive training from experienced instructors, observe sessions with clients, and assist New York Speech Coaching’s administrative and educational staff in day-to-day operations. Participants of the program will receive constructive feedback regarding their progress through observations and discussions with NYSC staff. Interns will interact with other participants of the program, engaging in collaborative projects and joint lessons. Program participants will also take part in the administrative and business-related aspects of NYSC. The internship program will last for a period of 12 weeks but is flexible depending on credit requirements. Interns can expect to spend 15 hours per week onsite at NYSC while participating in the program. Some remote work may be required.
What will the internship consist of?
- Interns will gain exposure to the educational aspects of speech coaching, including teaching materials, class expectations, and the philosophy of speech coaching.
- Interns will gain exposure to the operational aspects of the speech coaching business, including collaborative meetings with instructors and office staff.
How does the internship program work?
- Interns will work two 6-hour "group" days per week, when all interns will be on-site simultaneously.
- Interns will work one 3-hour "individual" day per week.
How long does the internship program run?
- The program will begin with an Orientation on Friday, September 13th at 12:30pm.
- The program will run for twelve weeks (September 16th, 2019 - December 13th, 2019).
- The program will include one vacation week (November 25th, 2019 - November 29th, 2019).