Responsibilities and Expectations:
* This is a demanding internship; only serious candidates are considered
* Must receive college credit
* Interns will write press releases, press statements and public service announcements concerning the Arena and its events.
* Interns work together to organize promotional and publicity campaigns centered around Arena events. Interns play an intricate part in developing marketing plans and solutions for Arena events.
* Through research, our interns will be able to make suggestions for advertising outlets that will be seriously considered and/or used.
* During events, interns will work alongside the Arena management to support show sponsors, radio station presence, meet and greets, pre/post parties, photographers and press.
* Interns will be responsible for maintaining and updating all social media accounts. Interns are trusted to post in a frequent manner that builds the Arena’s social presence. Interns are expected to have good judgement when posting and interacting with followers.
* Serve as project managers (along with Marketing/PR Manager) of the Marketing/PR Department’s quarterly newsletter. Work involves interviewing staff, writing article(s), compiling calendars, research, editing and design work.
* The marketing department interns organize charity donation requests and submit the best choices to the Marketing Manager. From there, the interns create a certificate to send to the charity as the donation.
* Monitoring newspapers, local TV news and blogs for Arena mentions.
* Interns will help to cover receptionist desk (along with marketing staff) as needed. This line is what patrons call to inquire about upcoming events at the Arena, i.e. ticket information, event date/time, parking information, etc.
* Various public relations projects as assigned.
* Interns are a crucial part of our department; responsibility and accountability is a large component of the experience.
* Events include family shows, concerts, sporting events and several special events.
Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator