SFAD - Malibu Art Studio / Gallery Seeks Interns (Malibu)
compensation: unpaid- internship
Sona Fine Art & Design, Inc. is a Contemporary Art Studio and Gallery located in Malibu. SFAD is mid-career international-exhibiting contemporary artists.
We are currently looking to fill a couple gallery positions. These positions are ideal for those who wish to gain work experience in an active, contemporary art gallery. Applicants should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, possess public relations skills, and must have a demonstrated interest and/or background in contemporary art. Interns will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of gallery administration and get quality hands-on experience, training, and exposure to the Los Angeles and International art world.
Gallery Intern Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
- Assisting staff with daily administrative duties.
- General office work (answering phones, filing, organizing).
- Assisting in exhibition openings and special events.
- Studio maintenance.
- Art packaging and handling.
- Assisting in installation and de-installation of exhibitions.
- Maintain the gallery's artist database.
- Running errands for the studio / gallery.
- Must be available at least 1 full day a week (10am-6pm)
- Must be intelligent, enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Must have experience with Mac OS and Microsoft Office suite.
- Art History/Fine Art background preferred. (Bachelor's Degree preferred, but current students are also welcome.)
- Previous gallery experience is a plus.
Although this internship is unpaid you will be able to gain hands on experience working in a gallery and studio environment. We provide college credit where applicable.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com -- IN PDF FORM. Write "INTERN" in the subject line to be considered.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers