tastytrade, an established financial media company, is looking to hire an intern (with the potential to eventually be brought on as a full-time hire) right out of college to aid in the launch of luckbox magazine, a brand-new monthly print and digital financial magazine that will cover futures, stocks, options, forex, and cryptocurrency trading, along with other investment, finance, and trading-related topics. This person will have the unique opportunity to participate in the design and execution across critical areas like print and digital content development, and promotional marketing campaigns for publication, PR, and social media. The position mixes journalism, new media, social media, and marketing.
- Work closely and collaborate with veteran financial journalists
- Pitch story ideas and ultimately develop original content for print and online use (including video)
- Curate, schedule, and edit contributed editorial and sponsored content
- Research and fact-checking
- Participate in digital analytics engagement and measurement assessment meetings
- Assist in the production of the monthly print publication
- Entrepreneurial temperament and ability to work well within a team
- Interest in finance, investing, & trading (needn't be an expert)
- Detail-oriented and technologically savvy
- Excellent writing, proof-reading, fact-checking, and editing skill
- Familiarity with social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Knowledge of digital media software (Photoshop or other graphic design software) is preferred
- Knowledge of video-editing software (iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker) is a plus
- Available between business hours 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m (somewhat flexible)
- Intern will be paid $15 an hour