To learn and perform professional and technical duties, assisting in the broadcast of government proceedings to internal and online viewers, and providing immediate media services. The goals of the House Broadcast Services office are both product- and service-oriented.Responsibilities
• Assist production team during live and taped programs including gavel-to-gavel and public meetings coverage.
• Perform operational and production duties including but not limited to content programming, content capture, archiving, camera shading, editing, director, technical director, camera operator, audio, and still store/CG operations.
• Assist Broadcast/Webcast Coordinator in updating media assets i.e. graphics, music, bumpers, promos etc.
• Assist in the capture and cataloging of B-roll footage of regional and statewide points of interest and landmarks; prepare for productions and broadcast.
• Capture relevant events throughout the State House.
• Learn and understand legislative process and procedure, as it applies to our weekly multicast and videotaped committee hearings.
• Edit, dub and transfer content from DVDs & legacy tapes to file-based storage.