WaterFire seeks a highly motivated, self-starting student who is energetic, a team player, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. You will provide support to the Volunteer Resources Manager and gain valuable skills and insights into non-profit volunteer recruitment and engagement. You will also have the opportunity to participate in organizing special events that enrich the culture and knowledge of volunteers and network with local businesses and community groups.
WaterFire is a seasonal event and responsibilities will vary accordingly per the discretion of WaterFire Providence administration.
- Assist with recruiting volunteers, both individuals and groups, from local corporate, educational, social, and recreational organizations.
- Research and develop a database of new volunteer groups and individuals.
- Assist with the execution of events, including coordinating supplies, event set-up, and leadership of volunteer groups.
- Assist with managing orientation and training initiatives for volunteers.
- Organize and prepare event materials and communications including newsletters, email blasts, social media, phone calls, etc.
- Manage volunteer inquiries and registrations.
- Tend to errand running and shopping activities related to events and volunteers.
- Manage small volunteer groups to complete tasks and projects related to event production.
- Assist WaterFire Providence staff as needed with respect to event production and organization’s needs.