Special Events Intern – Charlotte, NC
Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Special Events Intern will assist with the overall seamless functioning of the Chapter's special events by helping with many of the logistical, administrative and communication needs of the organization. Core functions of this position include coordinating event logistics and relationship management. Tasks include but are not limited to general office support, event research, vendor relations, inventory management, execute mailings, and communication coordination, such as content creation and community outreach.
Intern will gain experience with the many facets of working in a nonprofit organization, event planning, relationship building, fundraising, community outreach, and vendor communication. This position requires a positive attitude, ability to work independently and as a team, customer service skills, and a passion to learn. Must be comfortable on the phone and willing to attend events. The intern must adapt to cover a wide range of tasks as needed to ensure the overall strength of event operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Provide administrative, secretarial and clerical support
• Assist with event logistics and planning
• Make calls to current and prospective donors and event participants
• Assist Development Manager with lead generation, outreach, and sponsorship tracking
• Manage inventory and supplies
• Assist in communication and outreach
• Maintain a working knowledge of the Lupus Foundation of America, North Carolina Chapter’s mission and programs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
How To Apply
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online. Report potential fraud to us if you're unsure about the legitimacy of a job posting or employer on Internships.com. Always do your research on a company.
- Never accept a check or other funds from a company to purchase materials necessary for your position.
- Avoid and report situations where employers require payment or work without compensation as part of the application process.
- Avoid corresponding with anyone who reaches out via text or email or outside of the Internships.com platform that you don't recognize.
- Be wary of Google Hangout or Skype interviews as these are not publicly-listed numbers that can be used to verify the legitimacy of the interviewer.