2 months ago
The Social Media & Communications Intern will have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow The Bridge Teen Center’s social media presence and make a big contribution to our Marketing Department. Under the Director of Marketing, the Social Media & Communications Intern will assist in the story telling of student programs, events, and promotion of upcoming student programs and fundraising events.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Creating social media content that represents the brand message and personality of The Bridge Teen Center on our main social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, IG Stories, SnapChat, Twitter and LinkedIn.)
2. Interacting with followers, local schools, and other accounts to keep engagement levels up.
3. Researching and assisting with the implementation of social media strategies that promote programs and raise awareness of The Bridge Teen Center.
4. Coordinating with the Marketing team regarding social media analytics, growth strategies, etc.
5. Working with Graphic Designer and/or Media Intern on various video projects.
6. Using social media management tools such as Hootsuite and Facebook Creator Studio. Not familiar? No problem, we’ll train you.
7. Photographing and filming video footage of student programs and some Friday Night events that could be used for social media.
8. Assisting with one Friday Night a month as needed.
9. Assisting with community outreach and fundraising events as needed.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
Required graduation year
2024 - 2027
Number of positions available
1. Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
2. Willingness to stay active and current (on trends) with all relevant social media outlets.
3. Creativity and a vigorous work ethic.
4. Sensitivity to different opinions.
5. A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
6. Personal and professional integrity.
7. Reliable transportation.
8. The ability to work well with individuals and groups.
9. The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
10. Strong organizational skills.
11. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
12. A sense of humor.
It is the desire of The Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
1. Set personal goals for what they would like to accomplish during their internship.
2. Have regular informational meetings with staff.
3. Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
4. Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
5. Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
6. Not be afraid to ask questions.
7. Take Initiative.
About The Bridge Teen Center
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
The Bridge Teen Center has not provided an expected interview date. If The Bridge Teen Center chooses not to move forward with your application, they will notify you.
Get email updates for the latest Social Media & Communications Intern jobs in Orland Park, IL
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
People who completed this type of internship end up in the following types of jobs
That get hired for this type of internship
Speech Communication And Rhetoric5%
Business Administration Management And Operations5%
325 other majors49%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
For Orland Park, IL | $4,214/mo
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks