Under close supervision, assists assigned departments and/or project(s) by performing basic architectural calculations and other routine architecture-related tasks which may reflect elements of standard post-secondary architectural curriculum, usually on a part-time, temporary, or co-op basis. This is an entry level training position.
• Performs elementary architectural assignments and works from designs of others.
• Compiles data, performs basic computations and prepares working drawings on projects of limited scope. Assists in compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, business development, etc.
• Assists in conducting preliminary studies to obtain information as to space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of contract drawings.
• Researches, gathers, and records information for use in writing specifications.
• Performs basic analyses of design, planning and occupancy studies and limited design layouts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.