Responsibilities include building media lists, writing press releases, and writing pitches, assisting with social media, assisting with event RSVPs, and a variety of miscellaneous tasks related our current client list.
· Coordinates music and film industry relations and interfaces with all professional associations.
· Prepares and provides media relations with social media updates and releases of newsworthy information in accordance with direction from senior leadership.
· Drafts press releases and contacts people in the media who might print or broadcast material related to the Company.
· Identify news angles to secure press for new products, local partnerships, promotions, store openings, etc.
· Arranges and conducts PR programs; maintains relationships between third party organizations and the public.
· Sets up speaking engagements and often prepares speeches for company officials.
· Represents employers at community projects.
· Prepares annual reports and writes proposals for various projects.
· Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
· Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
· Coordinate and manage interactions with the media, including responding to inquiries, developing talking points, conducting research and responding during crisis.
· Conduct interviews and generate news and feature content for print and electronic media, including college recruitment, website and social media channels, to engage audiences and promote services and initiatives.
· Secure and facilitate media interviews, segments, video/photoshoots, etc
· Works closely with the social media marketing team to Identify and establish relationships with local social media influencers
OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE STIPEND