Our organizers are responsible for:
· Grassroots neighborhood canvassing
· Membership recruitment, fundraising, and letter-writing campaigns
· Community outreach and coalition-building
Qualified candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine passion for the environment and progressive politics. Some related non-profit, political, or volunteer experience is preferred but not required.
The Community Organizer will be responsible for creating relationships within designated community areas of the city and building our grassroots base of supporters. The Organizer will be held to high expectations of performance with weekly and monthly goals for various organizing activities.
• Full-time: Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• Part-time positions available (minimum 3 days per week; hours are still 2pm-10pm).
• $450/week+ (Full-time), $360/week+ (4 days), $270/week+ (3 days)
• Medical and dental insurance coverage
• Paid vacation, paid sick days and paid holidays
• Rapid advancement and management training
• Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
• Web: www.texasenvironment.org
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/texas-campaign-for-the-environment
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/texasenvironment
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/txenvironment
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/txenvironment
It is the policy of TCE to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
politics, environment, grassroots, nonprofit, charity, canvass, canvasser, canvassing, communications, green, sustainable, sustainability, recycling, waste, knocking, advocacy, pollution, justice, campaign