Typical Intern Responsibilities Include:
- Quickly pinpoint relevant information to include in press releases; Facebook posts and tweets, as well as other communications designed to engage our target audiences.
- Assists in maintaining the website and social media accounts.
- Receive and draft responses to external queries from press contacts.
- Organize public events, including handling guest lists and invitations through Mobilize and Votebuilder, room set-up, catering, and other logistics.
- Produce daily news summary by gathering relevant news articles, editorials, opinion pieces and mentions of the campaign in key local and other news organizations.
- Assists with letters to the editor program.
- Maintain calendar of upcoming local and external events.
- Use Mailchimp and NGP to design and send approved external communications.
- Manage contact database, proactively updating contact information and exporting lists in advance of campaigns to ensure maximum reach.
- Track metrics related to our activities, including quantity and type of media requests; attendees at events; earned media coverage following release of reports.
- Assists Digital Marketing Manager.
- Attends campaign and public events and meetings to take photographs and
report on events.
- In addition, Interns can expect to be involved in special projects with the coordinated campaigns in Loudoun County and other officials in Washington. This will provide excellent networking opportunities for the future.