3 months ago
Under the leadership of the Program Director, the intern will provide assistance with planning, organization, and implementation of various programs and events.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Assist the Program Intern in planning, promoting, and facilitating afterschool programs for teens.
2. Take lead on facilitating Culinary Club.
3. Initiate rapport and building influential relationships with teens involved in Culinary Club.
4. Carry out Student Retention Plan by promoting and confirming program sign-ups (phone call, face-to-face, and mailings) and student check-in/check-out process.
5. Identify students’ holistic needs and encouraging student involvement in programs and appropriate interventions.
6. Communicate effectively with program team (meetings before and after student hours) and document data in student records.
7. Maintain quality of programs and student involvement (meeting core elements: engage, connect, empower) and contributing to program evaluation.
8. Provide support in setting up/cleaning up after events and programs.
9. Assist in creating new program ideas and events for the following semester.
10. Assist in community outreach efforts.
11. Provide administrative support for day-to-day operations when needed.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Program Staff.
Required graduation year
2024 - 2027
1. Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
2. Strong understanding of preventative care and importance of proactive approach to social services.
3. The ability to work well with individuals and groups of students in a fast-paced and highly detail-oriented environment.
4. The ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
5. A friendly, responsive, and patient demeanor and outgoing personality.
6. Sensitivity to different opinions and adaptability to various personalities.
7. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
8. Personal and professional integrity.
9. Clear and creative thinking with strong organizational skills.
10. The ability to lift more than 15 to 20 pounds.
11. A sense of humor.
12. Educational background and/or experience in nutrition, dietetics, culinary arts, positive youth development, community health, psychology, or related field.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each intern to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
1. Set personal goals for what he/she would like to accomplish during their internship.
2. Have regular informational meetings with staff.
3. Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm, humility, and a positive attitude.
4. Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
5. Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
6. Not be afraid of asking questions.
7. Take initiative.
About The Bridge Teen Center
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
The Bridge Teen Center has not provided an expected interview date. If The Bridge Teen Center chooses not to move forward with your application, they will notify you.
Get email updates for the latest Afterschool Culinary Program Intern jobs in Orland Park, IL
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
People who completed this type of internship end up in the following types of jobs
That get hired for this type of internship
Business Administration Management And Operations3%
313 other majors73%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
For Orland Park, IL | $4,214/mo
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks