Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and creative individual to serve as Communications Intern on the Education and Advocacy team. The intern will assist with content creation, take the lead on exciting special projects, and provide public awareness on affordable housing and accessible health care to forward the Coalition’s mission of creating lasting solutions to homelessness. As the Communications Intern, you will help provide valuable content and communication to embody our vision in the pursuit of social justice for all people.
Primary responsibilities will include social media and email communication strategy development and content creation, research, and assisting with coordinating important community events. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in communications and a passion for advocacy and social justice.
Position: Communications Intern
Location: 2111 Champa Street, Denver, Colorado 80205
Deadline for submission: August 1, 2019
Term of Position: September 15 through December 21, 2019 (flexible)
Work Schedule: Part time, 10-20 hours a week (flexible)
Salary: College credit only
· Develop and post content weekly to social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook)
· Track monthly digital communications analytics including social media, email, and advocacy engagement
· Assemble and distribute weekly e-newsletter Homelessness in the News
· Create and update Coalition events on Facebook and Eventbrite
· Assist with coordinating tour and presentation requests
· Help with community events including the Education Series discussion panel events in November and January and the Memorial Vigil in December
· Other special projects as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about social justice and should possess a desire to learn more about communications and marketing in the nonprofit sector.
College students applying for this internship must have strong communication and writing skills, and should be majoring in public relations, communications, advertising, marketing, business, or journalism.
· Superior communication skills, including demonstrable expertise in writing
· Ability to manage short-term and long-term deadlines
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in team settings
· Strong organizational skills and strategic mindset
· Graphic design and/or social media experience is desirable
· Some evening and weekend hours may occur
• How to manage social media outlets for an organization
• How to efficiently use social media and email blasts for marketing and public awareness campaigns
• Job experience in marketing, community relations, and advocacy
• Helping to create public awareness about homelessness