The New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund (also known as Answer the Call) is seeking highly-motivated, detail oriented, and ambitious students to assist its Development Staff in planning, promoting, and executing upcoming special events, campaigns, and initiatives. While the focus of this internship will be communications, interns can also expect to gain hands-on training in special event planning, donor relations, and general nonprofit management (roughly 50% of in-office time will be spent focusing on communications/writing, the other 50% will be spent on other projects). Interns must be able to receive school credit and must be willing to commit to at least 14 hours per week. Dates/times are flexible as well as internship start and end dates and can be arranged around the selected student's schedule, but ideal candidate can commit to at least two full works days (9:30am -5:00pm) per week.
Application Deadline: August 23, 2019
Please note that you will only be contacted if we would like to call you in for an interview.
Interns will assist the Answer the Call staff with:
- Developing content for our blog and social media channels
- Conducting phone interviews with supporters of our organization
- Participating in web editorial, marketing, and social media campaign brainstorming
- Special event planning, management, and execution
- Creating and executing marketing strategies for fundraising campaigns and other program initiatives
- PR outreach efforts for upcoming events and campaigns
- Working on research projects to help us better understand the demographics and needs of the families we are helping