Hero For a Day is an annual event put on by A Family For Every Child to help raise awareness for the foster care system. During this event, foster children (and others) are given the opportunity to participate in a variety of Hero-related activities. The intern/volunteer in the Hero For a Day Event Planner position will be responsible for planning and carrying out the event. This person will coordinate experienced volunteers and tools to plan event.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the intern/volunteer will:
- Research past hero events and write up changes needed, goals for this event, funding, and attendee’s partners
- Compile team of past volunteers, assess supplies and plan for needed growth
- Interview past volunteers to create new plan, assign committee heads, and identify new needs
- Recruit, train, and engage new volunteers
- Plan a timeline for tasks to be completed
- Plan marketing calendar, social media plan, and advertising campaign
- Work with web team to build webpage.
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs, and other marketing tools
- Carry out event
- Make plan for next year