Under the direct supervision of the Volunteer and Donation Drive Manager, the Volunteer and Logistics Management Intern will support the Development Department by assisting with volunteer recruitment, management, and retention as well as logistics surrounding donation drives and some events. Strong opportunities to manage your own projects. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
There are 9 different locations with which you may interact, depending on skill level, time commitment, and your geographic preference in the DMV.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Minimum: 3 months with 15 hours/week during school year; 30-40 hours/week during the summer. May include occasional evenings or weekends, depending on availability of candidate and specific event schedules. If interning full time for 3+ months, we can provide a metro stipend.
Below identifies the essential responsibilities of the position, but is not exclusive:
• Promote seasonal service opportunities, recruit volunteers and field inquiries from individuals and groups interested in volunteering.
• Correspond with sponsors of the Angel Tree Program, a holiday gift program, and answer questions regarding the program.
• Plan and coordinate the logistics for volunteer events such as the Share the Warmth coat drive, Safeway’s Feast of Sharing Thanksgiving event, Community Painting and Gardening days, and more.
• Organize the operations associated with corporate and community donation drives, including creating flyers, fostering relationships, and providing drive boxes and materials.
• Manage a team of volunteers for the Red Kettle Campaign
• Manage the gift packing distribution space or other volunteer/event spaces
• Research and cultivate possible volunteer group and companies for donations; contact potential new partners and document conversations.
• Assist in preparations for visits and potentially present for new group partners
• Perform administrative duties such as: filing, preparing list of potential partners, research and updating information, and assisting in preparing correspondence and mailings