a month ago
Founded in 2009, Shift Markets began in the traditional finance world, as a leader in the FX space. Sensing the seismic shifts taking place in the financial industry, and the disruptive power of digital assets, we made it our mission to make these decentralized trends accessible to every business, from market leaders to small retailers. Join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on our company's operations.
We are offering an internship opportunity in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), which begins at the start of the intern’s Fall 2023 semester and concludes before the start of the intern’s following semester. As our Fall 2023 finance intern, you’ll be regularly interacting with members of our Accounting & Financial Operations teams and will be mentored by our COO. Ideal candidates are interested in learning more about the DeFi space, strategy, and investors. This internship will enhance the intern’s understanding of how to grow a successful startup. Qualified candidates have a strong understanding of blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, and trading. This internship is only open to current students who are incoming juniors or higher.
Internships at Shift Markets are designed to provide students with hands-on training, similar to a university lab course, which enriches the educational experience. The goal is to add professional context to the student’s specialized academic program for the upcoming academic year. A major in Accounting (or a related major, such as Finance), is best suited for tying this internship to an academic program.
The intern will gain valuable experience by:
• Learn about financial statements, financial modeling, market research, and Series A fundraising.
• Using Asana, alongside the Finance team, to manage assignments.
• Communicating daily with internal team members, under the supervision of the COO.
• Researching prospective investors with guidance from the Product & Business Development teams.
• Conducting product research for industry and competitive analysis with guidance from the Product team.
• Developing skills in cost analysis, sales analysis, and budgeting with the Finance team.
• Coordinating with team members to complete administrative duties essential to running a business.
The ideal intern is familiar with the following programs used by our company:
• Google Apps
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft PowerPoint
The ideal intern already has these required skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and well organized
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback to refine and improve
• Self-motivated and able to focus in a remote environment
• Adapts well to quickly changing priorities
This is an unpaid internship with academic credit available. This internship requires 15 to 20 hours per week, and can be either remote-based or on-site in our New York City office. Internships with Shift are conducted without entitlement to a paid job at the conclusion of the internship.
Required graduation year
2023 - 2025
Qualified candidates meet the following expectations:
• Experience which demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong understanding of blockchain, cryptocurrency, and trading.
• Bachelor’s degree in progress, with a major in Accounting (or a related major, such as Finance).
About Shift Markets
Skills you'll need for this internship
Skills you'll learn in this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
Shift Markets is actively interviewing now. We asked Shift Markets what they would do if an applicant does not move forward in the hiring process, and this is what they said: “We receive a large volume of applications, so we unfortunately can't respond to everyone. However, candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. They will receive updates on their interview process and rejections as needed.”
Get email updates for the latest FP&A Internship - Fall 2023 - Remote or NYC jobs that are remote
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
People who completed this type of internship end up in the following types of jobs
That get hired for this type of internship
Business Administration Management And Operations13%
284 other majors36%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks