The Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation believes no one should have to choose between paying rent and paying their cancer treatment. The Foundation was established to assist qualified individuals in Flordia who are undergoing treatment for cancer and need assistance paying their essential, non-medical, living expenses such as rent or mortgage, a car payment, auto insurance, and/or utilities so they can focus on their health and recovery. The Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Foundation office is located at 5204 Paylor Lane in Sarasota, Florida. Learn more about the FCS Foundation at: Foundation.FLCancer.com or call 941.677.7181.
The intern would assist the Client Services Manager at the FCS Foundation office by processing patient applications and verifying documentation to determine eligibility to receive non-medical financial assistance from the Foundation. The intern would also be responsible for assisting patients with the application process over the phone, returning voicemails, provide administrative assistance and data entry. Training is provided.
• Excellent verbal communication skills are required. Strong customer service skills.
• Computer and Internet skills, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Database
• Must have a friendly and compassionate personality
• Able to commit to a minimum of 12 hours a week for at least 3 months.
• Must be 18 years old with valid driver’s license.
• We cannot accommodate court-ordered community service.