Grow & Fortify aims to cultivate an environment where value-added agricultural producers, operators and growers innovate and thrive. We plan, organize and execute events and festivals for the Maryland Wineries Association, the Brewers Association of Maryland, the Maryland Distillers Guild as well as and other value-added agricultural events. We offer internships to students who are currently enrolled in college, and able to receive credit for the internship.
For this internship, the student will work directly with the Communications Manager to build strong relationships with media and to strategically promote festivals and events of our clients.
Responsibilities will include:
• Expanding our current press list.
• Creating new opportunities for editorial placement in local and regional publications/online platforms.
• Meeting with media sales reps to identify appropriate avenues for advertising and marketing the industry.
• Developing social media campaigns for events and festivals.
• Drafting marketing/public relations plans for upcoming events and festivals.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of press events for our clients
Students interested in applying should send resume, cover letter and writing sample via email to:
Grow & Fortify
Successful candidates will have willingness to learn public relations professional skills and strategies, and:
• Have excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
• Be punctual;
• Respect deadlines;
• Be a self starter and be proactive;
• Be able to work in a goal-oriented environment;
• Thrive in a high pressure environment;
• Be a strategic and creative thinker;
• Have extreme attention to detail.