The Social Media Intern is responsible for assisting with coordination and implementation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) National Networks social media strategy, and for working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This role offers the intern an immersion into dynamic content designed to raise awareness on rights and responsibilities under the ADA.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of key members of staff. This role will be instrumental in maintaining and increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our organization.
To apply, go to UW Handshake https://uw.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2733304 (you will need to sign in or create an account).
· Curate, post, and schedule social media content on different platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
· Create of textual and visual content (e.g., #WednesdayWisdom).
· Monitor social media channels and swiftly advising Information Specialist on possible response.
· Copy-edit ADA and disability-related stories.
· Assist in the design of social media reports.
· Assist in the implementation of social media campaigns (e.g., ADA Anniversary on July 25th).
· Assist in the application of crisis communication plan during minor and major incidents.
· Assist in the creation of monthly newsletter.
· Look for new and creative ways to engage with audience.
· Recent graduate or currently working on a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
· 1+ year experience in social media/marketing
· An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
· In-depth professional working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of details
· Experience with content management system such as Hootsuite
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
· Basic knowledge of Photoshop or Adobe Spark
· An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal help.
· Experience with MailChimp
· Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter, and Hootsuite Analytics.
· Experience in working with not-for-profit or government organization
· Experience with disability-related content
· Experience with accessibility features and alternative text
· Experience with managing Twitter chats
· Ability to be flexible to monitor social media after hours