Sports Development Intern will be responsible supporting the review, consolidation and organization of resources for the 32+ Special Olympics sports. Within those duties, this individual will support the collection, review and data analysis of the Sport-specific information. Additionally, the individual will lead the development of Sport content including articles, internal documents, and Sport operational resources. This position supports reaching the strategic plan targets of quality sport for our athletes across the movement.
20-35 Hours/week; Unpaid internship, Must be eligible for University credit
Special Olympics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Catalog and update Sport Resources and information in order to provide updated materials to the Sport & Communications departments
- Support in developing an updating Sport Resource Team operational documents, tracking tools, and application reviews
- Assist in the development of a Regional Sport Advisor structure for 2+ Regions
- Review and develop comparison data for Sport & Unified Sports Census via MS Excel
- Development of content for Sport specific stories, as well as reviewing and editing current resources
Other Sports support:
- Assist in gathering Sport Federation information and documentation as necessary
- Review of Sports Development documents for grammar and clarity
- Review and reorganize historical Sport Resources on our internal Drive folders
- Other duties as assigned
Excellent computer and word processing skills (MS Office, Excel, Adobe PDF)
Strong writing and editing skills
Knowledge of sport preferred
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Excellent phone etiquette and inter-personal skills
Good organizational skills