The Cheese Importers Association is offering internship opportunities to college students for the summer of 2019. Internships will take place over the course of ten weeks between the months of May to August at various locations throughout the United States. Accepted program participants will receive a $600 weekly stipend over the duration of their internship.
One position remains open for Supply Chain student to work in Elizabeth, NJ.
The preferred candidate is a student in their sophomore or junior year, majoring in Food Marketing or Supply Chain Management, and other related fields. Students at other stages in their academic career are also encouraged to apply and will be reviewed and accepted to the program on a case by case basis. Internships are awarded based on academic achievement, interest in cheese and the dairy trade, creativity, integrity, and initiative.
Details about job locations and descriptions will be posted here: http://theciaa.org/activities/intern-program.html
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Working with IT, Finance and Supply Chain to automate invoicing process
• Optimzing EDI usage and functionality
• Supporting the Customer Service team as necessary, particularly during periods of vacation
• Assist with Supply Chain team projects and daily responsibilities
• Strong analyitical and research skills
• Logicial thinker and planner to be able to progress projects
• Work on own inititive to find data and turn it into useful information
• Customer Service mindset
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Degree of proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer)
• Ability to Manage Multiple Priorities
• Ability to work closely within a team environment, as well as work individually, with little supervision
• Interested in gaining experience in and learning about the unique specialty foods industry
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain or a related field
• A positive, professional, and proactive attitude with excellent communications skills
• Must be a self-motivated, task-oriented individual who can work independently as well as be a significant contributor to the team