Student Dietitian Clinical Placement
- Fishkill, NY, USA
- Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
- The student intern supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values, and customer service philosophy.
- Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
- The student intern functions as part of the dialysis healthcare team in providing medical nutrition therapy for patients under the direct supervision of a registered dietitian.
- In accordance with FMCNA policies, procedures, and training and in compliance with regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies.
- Please inquire for details.
- Review Renal Nutrition Basics and other applicable components of the Orientation and Training requirements of staff dietitians.
- Review the typical workflow for the Renal Dietitian and the role of the RD.
- Conduct a nutrition interview with a patient.
- Calculate a diet prescription recommendation.
- Provide nutrition counseling to patient/designated caregiver on the prescribed renal diet.
- Collect data for initial, 90-day, semi-annual (if applicable by State), and annual Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessments.
- Assist the registered dietitian in the development and implementation of a nutrition plan of care.
- Review monthly nutrition data with patients and/or designated caregivers.
- Practice writing monthly nutrition progress notes.
- Provide input to the development and implementation of a nutrition plan of care.
- Create nutrition-related projects for patients or staff, such as bulletin boards, patient/staff education handouts, games, and lobby activities.
- Attend Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement and/or other interdisciplinary team meetings with the registered dietitian and participate as appropriate.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Nutrition or Dietetics; or current enrollment in an accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics.
- Preferred outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Possess the desire to deliver superior care to patients and embrace Fresenius' mission and values.
- The intern cannot work under the supervision of a family member.
- The intern cannot care for a patient who is a family member. If an intern's family member is a patient at the facility in which they work, the intern will be scheduled to work on days the patient is not in the facility or will be assigned to another patient.
We're excited for you to apply!