EDUCATION SPECIALIST - MILD/MOD - STOCKTON (23-24) ($10,000 SIGNING BONUS)
- Teach with Purpose: Our teachers play a key role in bringing to life the academic and cultural visions of our schools. This includes daily lesson planning, intentional curriculum design, and regular data analysis to help all students learn and grow. Our teachers also implement Social Emotional Learning lessons and Restorative Practices to create a joyful, inclusive classroom community.
- Support and Collaboration: Our teachers work closely with the school's Leadership Team, including their Instructional Coach, to ensure students are learning and growing. This includes weekly meetings, and ongoing feedback so we can continue to grow in our instructional practices.
- Commitment to Anti-Racism: We are committed to creating an anti-racist school community. We engage in ongoing development to reflect on their own identities and experiences and how that shapes us as people, educators, and leaders. As a community, we regularly analyze our school systems, academics, culture, data etc. to reflect on our progress towards being an anti-racist organization and to make changes to address the needs of our community.
KIPP Northern California is dedicated to you and your family's well-being! We offer a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.
- Lead and manage the development, proposal, and implementation of eligible students' Individualized Education Plans (IEP) in accordance with state and federal law
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop measurable annual goals in students' areas of need including academic, behavior, and social emotional
- Provide specialized academic instruction, behavior intervention services, and other special education services, as assigned, through service models including co-teaching, push-in, pull-out, small groups, and one-to-one support
- Collect and analyze data regularly to monitor student progress towards IEP goals, report student progress to families, and to inform instructional practices
- Develop daily and long term lesson plans using curriculum and resources to align with students' individualized education plans (IEP) and KIPP's academic mission and vision
- Collaborate with general education colleagues to accommodate, differentiate, and modify student learning and materials to best meet the students' needs
- Develop individualized, modified lessons and/or curriculum for students whose IEP include modified curriculum. Train key stakeholders (e.g., general education teachers, paraeducators, etc) to support delivery of instruction.
- Maintain a positive, warm, inclusive, rigorous, and engaging learning environment that incorporates Restorative Practices, social emotional learning, and research-based strategies
- Implement culturally responsive classroom management strategies to create a safe environment for all students to learn and achieve
- Communicate effectively with staff, students, families, and other key stakeholders to ensure strong partnerships and implementation of students' individualized education plans (IEP)
- Attend and engage in regular professional development and communities of practice to continue learning and growing as an educator
- Update and maintain students' special education records, both digital and physical, including IEP documents, progress reports, evaluations, parent signature pages, and other relevant documentation
- Experience as an educator teaching students with similar demographics to our KIPP Public Schools Northern California student community
- Hold a B.A/B.S degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Hold a valid teaching credential in Special Education, or
- Eligibility for a Provisional Internship Permit, or
- Eligibility for a Short Term Staff Permit
- Knowledge/skills required:
- Commitment to KIPP mission and vision
- Commitment to being an anti-racist educator
- Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Possess strong content area knowledge
- Strong skills building relationships with students, families, and communities
- Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
- Have proficient knowledge of Google Suite applications (Google Classroom, Hangout, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Have the ability to learn and utilize instructional technology to support in-class; and distance learning (i.e. Zoom, Nearpod) as needed in pandemic environment.
We're excited for you to apply!