Risk Advisory Intern - Summer 2024
Newport Beach, CA, United States
- The digitization of currencies, transactions, relationships, experiences, and assets has transformed entire industries.
- Technologies extend borders and reach, creating new customers, business partners, avenues of access, methods of innovation, and forms of value.
- Many management teams are turning to advisers like Grant Thornton LLP for broader industry and business perspectives and proven experience to assist them with developing and implementing their risk management programs, and providing attestations and certifications to validate the risk mitigation strategies relevant to their customers.
- Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow.
- Risk Interns are responsible for delivering engagements ranging from business process and information systems controls assessments and testing to support regulatory, compliance, and other strategic, operational, and attestation engagements.
The pay rate for this position in the firm's Orange County, CA office is $35.65 per hour.
- Evaluate and test business processes and IT controls and identify areas of risk
- Apply current knowledge of trends to identify business risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement
- Work with the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address business risks and issues and supporting controls
- Work with risk teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address business process and IT controls risks and issues
- Execute assigned client engagements from start to completion of information systems assessments and/or business process control reviews
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of assigned client operations, processes, and business objectives, and then utilize that knowledge on assigned engagements
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans
- Participate in other business development activities as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Information Technology, MIS, or related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- Desire to pursue CPA, PMP, CISA, CISSP, CIA, CAMS, or CISM license/certification preferred
- Minimum major and overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel 60%-100% as required
- Interest to work cross-functionally throughout different business processes within an organization
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job, and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
- Desire to pursue applicable professional certification as outlined above
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills. Additionally, excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
We're excited for you to apply!