Director of Field Experiences and Clinical Practice
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, United States
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing field experiences, specifically internships for UMBC teacher education candidates.
- Collaborate with school district partners, UMBC faculty, and staff to ensure candidates gain hands-on experience in their area of certification.
- Align with MSDE and COMAR requirements on remote, office, and field-based experiences.
- Competitive compensation starting at $91,000.
- Over 4 weeks of vacation for regular full-time roles.
- Tuition remission available.
- Manage collaboration with academic departments and the Sherman program to identify internship opportunities.
- Collaborate with school districts, faculty, and staff to establish and maintain relationships and school partnerships.
- Develop and implement a field experience program for undergraduate and graduate teacher education candidates.
- Create innovative internships and collaborate with school districts to support grow-your-own programs.
- Hiring and supervising supervisors, liaisons, and mentor teachers.
- Manage fiscal responsibilities of the Office of Field Experience and Clinical Practice.
- Foster an innovative spirit to grow programs and recruit and retain students.
- Facilitate the planning of professional development for faculty and inquiry into teaching and learning.
- Oversee the development and operations of all relationships and field experiences.
- Address issues that arise in internships and field experiences.
- Establish a supervisor/school-based liaison framework to provide support, supervision, and professional development.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate student teaching programs and create handbooks and orientation materials.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies, background checks, and safety requirements.
- Oversee teacher education candidates throughout the internship process.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of field experience programs and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain and update Memorandums of Understanding with PDS and partner districts.
- Collaborate with teacher preparation partner schools through engagement in statewide meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership, or a related field.
- Three years of experience in classroom teaching and educational administration.
- Five years of supervisory experience.
We're excited for you to apply!