Senior Manager, IT Communications
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Powerful Mission: Developing digital solutions that enable our customer to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Impact: Making a difference for science on a global scale by pairing digital talent with the scientific breadth and depth of Thermo Fisher.
- Brightest Minds: Over 100,000 colleagues whose dedication to technology goes further together.
- Opportunity for Growth: Ability to achieve career goals, working within a digital talent destination that is making a daily global impact on healthcare, technology and academia.
The salary range estimated for this position based in California is -.
This position may also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our U.S. colleagues and their families can count on, which includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan, including health incentive programs
- Employee assistance and family support programs, including commuter benefits and tuition reimbursement
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability in accordance with company policy
- Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
- Employees' Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
For more information on our benefits, please visit: Total Rewards
- Establish and execute targeted internal communications strategies aligned to key business and employee focus areas to help drive global employee engagement, including areas of digital transformation, digital implementation and the digital customer experience.
- Partner with the relevant primary executive and their leadership team to support internal communications in line with business priorities that engage and inspire colleagues.
- Support external communications as relevant in partnership with corporate communications and marketing liaisons.
- Assist with organizational change management initiatives, ensuring communications are well-planned and delivered regarding any group or division changes.
- Write, edit and deliver content for various initiatives.
- Write and edit organizational announcements, messages, blogs, scripts or other communication content as needed, ensuring appropriate corporate processes are followed.
- Create compelling visual content for town hall presentations, manager communication decks, intranet, videos, newsletters and other forums as needed.
- Manage relevant intranet sites and the strategy for their use and maintenance.
- Develop team Viva Engage (formerly called Yammer) strategy to determine how the platform can support and enhance communications and engagement within the full organization and across the greater company.
- Bring creative ideas using current trends, gamification or other strategies to the business to drive communications and engagement.
- Manage measurement systems to track communications effectiveness and adapt plans and tactics as needed.
- Act as a communications advisor, partner and coach to the leadership team to help them meet their goals.
- Manage a small team, likely communications specialists or interns, including regular performance management responsibilities and daily support and development of those colleagues.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years progressive experience in corporate or employee communications, public relations or marketing communications with experience planning and executing both external and internal communications programs and initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, creative writing, liberal arts or similar discipline.
- Experience working within / partnering with an IT department.
- Expert writer, editor and communicator.
- Experience in people management.
- Excellent PowerPoint and MS Office skills.
- Familiarity with basic design and design concepts.
- Experience with MS Modern SharePoint a strong plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to influence and facilitate collaboration and alignment between stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills (e.g., ability to objectively analyze current practices, identify root cause problems and improvement opportunities, formulate a range of achievable options, outline relative strengths, build consensus for a preferred solution).
- Experience creating and implementing change management strategies.
- Experience with internal social media and intranet content development platforms.
- Proven project management skills and experience.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed.
- Sense of humor, resourceful, flexible, resilient, technology savvy and high comfort level with change.
We're excited for you to apply!