Accounts Payable Accounting Intern
- The Accounts Payable Accounting Intern for [Company] handles all accounts payable activity and transactions, including but not limited to:
- Receive incoming invoices
- Obtain approval for invoices
- Enter invoices into the appropriate software system
- Produce necessary Accounts Payable reports for management review
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding accounts payable
- Print checks and issue other forms of payment as required
- Maintain filing system of paid and unpaid invoices
- Open incoming invoices and stamp with date received.
- Obtain approval from the director of the department for all invoices received.
- Code all accounts payable invoices with vendor number, G/L account(s), and any other notations required.
- Process and check accuracy of all accounts payable invoices into the Accounts Payable software system.
- Handle all inquiry calls regarding accounts payable.
- Produce Accounts Payable reports for management review.
- Process payments for all accounts payable invoices in the method required (check, ACH, online payment, etc.)
- Set up new vendors as needed, getting all the appropriate documents such as W-9. Set appropriate payment terms in the Accounts Payable system so that payments are processed timely.
- Process and check accuracy of all accounts payable credit and/or debit memos received.
- Assist other accounting personnel as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of one year of work experience in accounting, or undergraduate study through intermediate accounting.
- Communication Skills:
- The ability to communicate professionally and effectively with the executives and directors of the company as well as other management, employees, vendors, and associate companies is a must.
- Organizational Skills:
- Must possess the ability to use software tools available to work efficiently and effectively, keeping schedules organized for use by all involved.
- Language Skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient skills in office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. Will also require proficient skills in QuickBooks.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics and accounting as it pertains to requirements.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to recognize problems to resolve and eliminate threats to the company.
- Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment:
- The work environment of the corporate headquarters is consistent with the average office type environment.
We're excited for you to apply!