Program Manager, Labs
Join a team that is changing millions of lives. At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Ready to join us?
- Primary Location Base Salary Range: $116,9000 to $148,000 USD
- Base salary ranges are a guideline used to determine appropriate pay. Placement depends on the individual skills and experience level of a candidate plus the total compensation and equity across team members. For other locations outside of the primary location, the base salary range will be adjusted geographically. For field Sales roles, the salary listed is the base pay only and does not include the applicable commission plan. A cost of living adjustment may be added to base pay for higher cost areas in the U.S. Our internship hourly rates are a standard pay determined based on the position and your location, year in school, degree, and experience.
- Assessing customer feedback and improving procedures accordingly to ensure that great customer service is always provided.
- Build partnerships and liaising with team leaders to determine services, the criteria for the delivery of those services, and how to develop solutions to any issues that arise.
- Work with management to develop recommendations for corrective action that impact the customer’s experience.
- Oversee projects from initiation through delivery and interfacing with internal customers or other department members. Organizes project activities and interdepartmental meetings; ensures communication facilitates completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues.
- Recommends, develops, and implements improved processes to track trend and improve internal quality measurement within the department.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Collaborate with leaders in a spirit of innovation and initiative within the program.
- Conduct monthly business reviews with stakeholders to maintain awareness and track to commitments.
- Liaison between Labs participating in scanner placement program and Align to ensure scanners are set up correctly, registered and coordinating to resolve any problems lab customers are experiencing and bringing in other teams as needed to find resolution.
- Manage asset management and scanner relocation process to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Identify success metrics of a Scanner Placement Program; develop and monitor the success of each labs Scanner Placement Program. Identify trends and establish process to improve success of overall program (utilization reports, requests, review, and distribution).
- Identify process improvement opportunities that streamline all current process and suggest automation where possible to improve efficiency and customer experience.
- Occasional travel which may include 25% of overnight travel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience; prior Quality Assurance and/or Project Management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Track record as a self-starter with initiative and ability to execute.
- Basic Knowledge of applicable Quality System regulations, such as GMP/QSR and ISO 13485, is desired.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent business writing and grammar skills.
We're excited for you to apply!