Brand: Estée Lauder Companies
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-Melville
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Number: 196340
Environmental Sustainability, Green Chemistry, and Transparency have been embraced as key strategic pivots for ELC requiring establishment of an R&D enterprise-wide organization to lead the transformation. We are seeking a mission-critical leader to coordinate and drive various pillars and foundational initiatives within the R&D Innovation Enterprise (e.g., Enterprise Integration, Green Design Tools, Internal Engagement/Training, and External Engagement. This position within R&D will report to the VP of Global Product safety.
- Lead the Sustainability/Green Chemistry team and will be the reporting manager for the newly promoted Associate manager and newly filled position of Sustainability Analytics & Green Chemistry.
- Assume responsibility to ensure the integrity of the master data used to calculate the Green Chemistry score tool.
- Manage the relationship with Yale University / Sustainability A to Z; this is a critical external relationship at the core of credentialing ELC’s Green Chemistry program and the Green Score Tool.
- Lead the management of other key Sustainability consulting interfaces.
- Be a key partner and the primary point person with the VP of Global Corporate Citizenship & Sustainability (GCCS), representing R&D’s Green Chemistry program to GCCS.
- Develop plans, priorities and systems to efficiently and effectively coordinate resources in functional areas within R&D and inform and influence innovation design standards and initiatives.
- Communicate to management the KPIs for all Green Chemistry pillars to ensure that all initiatives are on a glidepath to meet company goals.
- Collaborate with the Sr VP of the Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) to create and lead a PMO office that would coordinate all projects and initiatives, globally.
- Collaborate with the PSRA VPs to ensure that the budget is on track and are adhering to all Finance requirements
- Coordinate with Finance and various Departments/regions to ensure timely flow of information and proper budget analysis.
- In conjunction with GCCS and appropriated R&D leaders, plan and implement process improvement activities to improve ELC’s GC score tracking to ensure that the brands are meeting their GC goals.
- Establish SOP to ensure the appropriate deployment of GC analytic systems
- Manage staff: conduct performance reviews, career development, salary reviews and personal development plans for employees; review needs and provide training opportunities for staff to develop personal job-related skills and to improve operational flexibility to meet strategic needs.
- Participate in strategic planning, budgeting and operations' planning within area of responsibility.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of key issues, goals and metrics to provide regular updates to manager and business areas as needed.
- Maintain effective interdepartmental communication and timely follow-up to assure that all GC R&D and corporate objectives are met.
- Apply project management concepts to ensure all GC pillars are progressing and meeting their KPIs
- Act as the R&D GC representative on the GCCS team and report on progress pertaining to all R&D GC Pillars. Provide logistical support as needed for launching new products based on GC principles.
- Partner with Regulatory VP responsible for global ingredients to maintain “Free – From” list and support Sr. VP to maintain visibility of all ingredients.
-25% Travel Time
• 10+ years of experience in Sustainability and systems optimization in a fine chemical, health science, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology manufacturing environment, including a minimum of five years’ experience in managing a diverse staff.
• M.S. in a Public Health discipline or M.S./Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
• Working knowledge and experience with fine chemical compounding
• Minimum five – ten years project management experience in a technical area within a cross-functional team environment.
• Strong safety mindset.
• Outstanding critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
• Successful in implementing ideas and influencing people in a team environment.
• Demonstrated record of improving processes in a multiproduct R&D environment.
• Experience in planning for resource to support global R&D operation.
• Strong organizational and communication skills and a demonstrated ability and desire to share experience and knowledge with staff.
• Excellent business management understanding.
• Experience in a regulated industry.
• Knowledge of green chemistry processes.
• Experience using SAP in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong history of effective process development.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.