We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Analyst in the Washington, DC office at Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP. We are searching for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and member of a talented and dynamic team of lawyers, paralegals and staff.
The Research Analyst will work with the Firm under the direction of the Director of Research Services to provide firm-wide research support, insight and guidance using the various electronic and print research resources available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Trains attorneys and staff on research resources to enhance insight, access to knowledge and efficiency.
- Participates in New Employee Orientation to acquaint new hires on the Research Department’s role, value to clients and research capabilities.
- Advises on best use of resources for a particular practice or individual needs, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provides proactive research assistance and analysis to Firm departments and practice groups.
- Escalates any needs for additional research capability to the Director of Research Services to assess potential new resources for the firm.
- Advises on best use of resources and appropriate deliverables and outcomes for a particular practice group, administrative department, project or business need.
- Develops a deep understanding of all research tools in order to effectively match client needs with available resources.
- Maintains meaningful research statistics and reports on the value of outcomes and deliverables.
- Keeps meaningful time records, recovering costs where appropriate and contributing to billing.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Research Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an accredited college or university or a combination of education and experience in professional research and analysis required. JD and deep practice area knowledge or specialty preferred.
- Seven to ten years in a law firm, corporate library or similar research role preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of electronic or print resources commonly used in large law firms and the ability to determine best resources based on needs.
- This position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written; excellent interpersonal skills; attention to detail; strong organizational and time management skills; a customer service orientation; tact and professionalism when dealing with clients; and an interest in continued learning and problem solving.
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suite and proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our Firm and in the larger legal profession. We believe that diverse skills, knowledge and viewpoints make us a stronger firm. Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP maintains a policy of affording all employees and applicants equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, ancestry, amnesty, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation will not be tolerated in any of the Firm’s offices or any other work-related setting. Qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position or to enable them to perform the essential functions of a position for which they are otherwise qualified. EEO.
With more than 3,000 lawyers, Eversheds Sutherland operates in 68 offices in 34 jurisdictions across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the United States. In addition, a network of more than 200 related law firms, including formalized alliances in Latin America, Asia Pacific and Africa, provide support around the globe.
Eversheds Sutherland provides the full range of legal services, including corporate and M dispute resolution and litigation; energy and infrastructure; finance; human capital and labor law; intellectual property; real estate and construction; and tax.
Eversheds Sutherland comprises two separate legal entities: Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP (headquartered in the UK) and Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP (headquartered in the US), and their respective controlled, managed, affiliated and member firms. The use of the name Eversheds Sutherland is for description purposes only and does not imply that the member firms or their controlled, managed or affiliated entities are in a partnership or are part of a global LLP. For more information, visit eversheds-sutherland.com.