REGENESIS, a global leader in the groundwater and soil remediation industry, is currently seeking a full-time Remediation Staff Scientist. This person will assist in the implementation of turn-key in situ remediation applications throughout the United States for our REGENESIS Remediation Services (RRS) division. RRS was formed over eight years ago as the application services division in response to market demands and as a commitment to improve remediation performance on projects.
The Remediation Staff Scientist will assist in the implementation of turn-key remedial designs utilizing our custom designed remediation injection trailers equipped with specialized tanks, pumps, hoses, flow meters, gauges and injection tooling.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- On-site management for implementing Scope of Work (SOW)
- review and understand site-specific remediation SOW
- assist with product handling, mixing, and preparation
- record locations of application points injected volumes and general field observations
- monitor and evaluate injection performance to maximize the quantity of product injected and obtain optimal subsurface reagent distribution
- Coordinate mobilization/delivery of equipment, materials, and subcontractors
- Generate daily reports summarizing field activities
- Identify tasks outside of the SOW and communicate to project manager
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on RRS owned equipment
- Assist with generating project cost estimates, writing scope of work, and proposal
- Be familiar with, participate, abide by, and implement Health and Safety programs
- Learn details of bioremediation and chemical oxidation processes and safe handling of these chemistries
- Work independently to complete administrative tasks and report writing
The Remediation Staff Scientist must be organized and able handle the physical rigors of the activities for this job. Strong writing and communication skills are essential to work in a professional, technical, and construction environment. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 95% of the time, have a valid driver’s license with clean record, work outside in all weather conditions, and pass a pre-placement physical exam as well as routine drug and alcohol monitoring. This position allows for working out of a home office when not traveling.
Additional qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a geology, engineering, biology, chemistry or a related science discipline
- One to three years of work experience on environmental construction sites, ideally with knowledge of groundwater and/or soil remediation of petroleum hydrocarbons and chlorinated solvents.
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Training
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings
- Mechanically inclined
- Willingness to work with and take direction from mid to senior level Project Scientists
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn, work hard, and achieve more
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Capable of driving a pickup truck with trailer following DOT regulations
- Ability to handle physical rigors of field work which includes lifting and moving equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
Remediation Staff Scientist Career Development Path within RRS
The employee will be supported and trained to succeed as well as mentored to develop into a Project Supervisor role within two years, based on abilities, personal strengths, and performance. Project Supervisor’s career paths within REGENESIS can lead to Remediation Systems Design, Operations Management, Project Management, Technical Sales and other roles across the country.
Our Values: At REGENESIS we value innovation, technology, expertise and people which together form the unique framework we operate in as an organization. We see innovation and technology as inseparably linked with one being born out of the other.
Inherently, innovation imparts new and better ways of thinking and doing. For us this means delivering expert environmental solutions in the form of the most advanced and effective technologies and services available today.
We value expertise, both our customers and our own. We find that when our experienced staff collaborates directly with customers on complex problems there is a high potential for success including savings in time, resources and cost.
At REGENESIS we are driven by a strong sense of responsibility to the people charged with managing the complex environmental problems we encounter and to the people involved in developing and implementing our technology-based solutions. We are committed to investing in lasting relationships by taking time to understand the people we work with and their circumstances. We believe this is a key factor in achieving successful project outcomes.
We believe that by acting under this set of values, we can work with our customers to achieve a cleaner, healthier, and more prosperous world.