The Safety Technician will support general health and safety compliance and conformance activities. Those activities include but not limited to: performing/ reviewing Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), conducting various facility inspections and audits,conducting chemical inventory audits, participating in and supporting Safety Kaizan events.
Including but not limited to:
- The EHS Assistant provides support to the EHS department by assisting and participating in the following functions:
- Performs a myriad of specialized administrative duties requiring judgement, attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Interfaces with Company personnel at all levels to gather data and assist with incident investigation
- Compiles data and assembles information for analysis and status reports
- Researches a variety of resources to develop policies and procedures for continuous improvement and training
- Maintains files, reports, records and procedures
- Attends meetings as required
- Assists with the purchase of supplies and scheduling of vendors and contractors
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures including environmental, health and safety
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
- A degree in Safety Sciences preferred.
- Accuracy and confidentiality a must
- Strong computer skills
- Organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State Laws, regulations, rules and standards applicable to the industrial side of health and safety compliance.
- OSHA, DOL, NFPA and EPA regulations a plus.
- ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 or ISO45001 knowledge or experience a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in both individual and team work settings with minimum supervision.
- Must be creative, analytical and have problem solving skills.
- Must be an experienced user of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Trillium Flow Technologies, formerly Weir Flow Control, is a global designer, manufacturer and aftermarket services provider of engineered valves and pumps used in energy and broader industrial applications. Its portfolio of 15 established brands serves customers in the power generation, oil and gas, water and wastewater, mining, and industrial sectors. More information can be found at www.trilliumflow.com