The Equipment Project Engineer identifies, specifies, justifies, procures, installs, commissions and qualifies process equipment modifications, upgrades and/or replacements to optimize process capabilities for safety, quality and efficiency. Equipment Project Engineer consults and interacts with Production Hourly Personnel, Production Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement, and Facilities personnel.
- Collaborate with operations, manufacturing engineering, quality and facilities to research and understand the manufacturing process and its operational bottlenecks, safety hazards, quality challenges and regulatory requirements.
- Target equipment for modification, upgrade, replacement or procure additional equipment to address the aforementioned issues and challenges.
- Develop business cases for the equipment changes.
- Utilize the CapEx process to procure equipment and services required.
- Properly document changes utilizing a robust management of change process.
- Ensure that new or modified equipment is properly permitted and documented.
- Participate in manufacturing lean events; assist with value stream mapping, establishing future state and fully defining improvement opportunities.
- Ensure Compliance with EH&S, Trade Compliance, Ethics and Business Conduct, Operations Policy and all established operating procedures.
- Escalate issues to Department and Senior Management as required in an effective and timely manner.
- Support Manufacturing Management or Manufacturing Engineering with special assignments as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering/technology related field
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints and specifications.
- Keen observation skills process observation capabilities. Strong analytical skills to interpret manufacturing process data.
- 3 Years Project Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Project).
- CAD proficiency a plus.
- Understanding of Elastomer tooling, material preparation and molding processes.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and multitask to manage routine tasks in addition to special projects.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability in the core competencies:
- Customer Focus: Employee knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers, is results oriented, and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. He or she rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving: Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. He or she has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening: Practices active and attentive listening; is able to hear the views of others. He or she is action-oriented, full of energy, and willing to take action.
- Composure: Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values & Diversity: Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in a technical field from four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in an aerospace or automated technology manufacturing environment