Overview of the Staff Accountant role:
The Staff Accountant will be a key member of the Accounting Team. The successful staff accountant will be highly motivated and detailed oriented. He or she will be responsible for ensuring best practices, efficiencies and improved processes & controls. As part of a dynamic & change-agents team, you will interact with management, finance & accounting staff, business unit leaders & outside professional advisors.
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly Journal entries
- Review and manage Bank Reconciliations
- Review and manage Accounts Receivable subledger and related account reconciliations
- Track and maintain gift card balances
- Monitor and process daily deposits
- Review and manage prepaid accounts
- Monthly P&L research
- Support annual audit
- Other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong technical skills (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and a pro-active approach to building working relationships
- Ability to work in a fast, dynamic environment and manage competing priorities
Team player and willing to help wherever needed
From the always popular traditional dishes served up at El Torito; to the sophisticated layers of flavor derived of simple ingredients and a wood-fired mesquite grill at El Torito Grill; to the fresh and simple neighborhood favorites plated at Acapulco and Chevys Fresh Mex, Xperience Restaurant Group is a leading Mexican full-service casual dining operator.
Our portfolio of brands include: El Torito Restaurants, Acapulco Mexican Restaurants, Chevys Fresh Mex® Restaurants, El Torito Grill Restaurants, Pink Taco on the Sunset strip in LA and downtown Chicago, Las Brisas Restaurant in Laguna Beach, CA and Sinigual Restaurant in New York City.
Xperience Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.