Will be tasked with developing the brokerage business by calling current and potential new customers on a tactical basis to obtain freight. In this role, the brokerage Account Manager will be working with both established and new clients and partner with sales and logistics team. This individual will manage day to day operations of brokerage as well as driving growth and solicitation of freight.
Learn, develop and drive TMS strategy for Omnimax International. Continue to grow in position to use all data sources such as freight pay, TM, Oracle and carrier systems to gather data and drive savings and freight revenue to help profitability and customer growth.
This job must be carried out in compliance with the Omnimax Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, Omnimax policies and procedures as well as all Federal, State, and Local laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS (list in order):
- Develop a proactive relationship with the assigned customer accounts by resolution of issues and concerns in a timely manner and provide innovative solutions.
- Onboard and maintain relationships with underlying asset based carriers
- Obtain new customer base by soliciting our service
- Maintains accurate and up to date information in TMS system.
- Manage assigned customer accounts to ensure they receive the best product at the lowest possible cost; maximize margin, network efficiency and On-Time Performance (OTP).
- Serves as a liaison between sales, operations, carriers, and customers
· Maintain quality service by monitoring standards; advising supervisor of potential problems.
- Offer alternative transportation solutions as necessary by analyzing internal and external account metrics
- 2 year minimum experience in freight brokerage
- Ability to demonstrate originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrating a clear bias for action and a sense of urgency on priorities
- Leadership abilities with strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong customer service orientation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Developed computer skills using Microsoft applications
- Experience in evaluating current processes, developing recommendations for improvement
BS degree in preferred or equivalent in field of study related to the job
2 years experience in transportation industry
The strength of the business model is the supply of fabricated components to original equipment manufacturers, distributors, contractors and home centers throughout North America and Western Europe.