Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates for our Estimating / Contracts Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for Temporary Labor Coordinator.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
The Temporary Labor Coordinator will assist in the development and then manage the execution of Colonna’s Temporary Labor Program. The program will encompass all aspects related to temporary labor employment at Colonna’s Shipyard Inc. The Temporary Labor Coordinator will be instrumental in the development of the processes, practices, policy and procedures regarding the selection, oversight, and management of Colonna’s temporary labor force. Once developed, the Temporary Labor Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day execution of the Temporary Labor Program, to include contract negotiation with vendors, tradesperson requisitions, pre-start paperwork, and tracking of temporary labor force in the organization.
- Determine and develop best practices in negotiating terms with temporary labor providers, to include local and non-local labor bid rates, and buy out terms.
- Participate in temporary labor provider selection, ranking, and prioritization.
- Coordinate with Colonna’s Production Departments and Resource Managers to determine manpower needs.
- Develop standards and procedures for procurement of temporary labor personnel, and utilize those procedures to ensure Colonna’s manpower requirements are met in a timely and economical fashion.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local and non-local temporary labor providers.
- Screen submitted temporary labor personnel for suitability.
- Coordinate receipt, testing, indoctrination and placement of temporary labor personnel.
- Closely track, maintain and manage Colonna’s active roster of temporary labor employees.
- Track and record temporary labor personnel’s performance based on Colonna’s Production Department’s and Resource Manager’s inputs.
- Negotiate with temporary labor providers to manage rate adjustments and separations based on initial 7 day reviews.
- Work with Colonna’s Production Departments and Resource Managers to conduct buy out decisions if a temporary labor employee reaches 90 days of employment.
- Utilize iCIMS to track and manage temporary labor employees.
- Ensure that all issues raised are resolved in a timely manner.
- Work independently to complete responsibilities.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance.
- Working over 40 hours per week may be required on a regular basis.
- Other duties may be assigned as workload dictates.
- 5-8 years of experience as a Temporary Labor Manager or Coordinator
- Proficiency in Internet Collaborative Information Management Systems (iCIMS) regarding temporary labor force management
- Ability to effectively develop and manage programs
- Effective negotiation, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Must be organized, a good oral and written communicator
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel
- Proven ability to evaluate and manage budgets, and perform cost-benefit analytics
- Proven ability to manage Risks and Opportunities
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K, company match
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard Inc. and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry