TRACE is a non-profit membership association that pools resources to provide practical and cost-effective anti-bribery compliance solutions for multinational companies and their commercial intermediaries.
TRACE is seeking a part-time Conference Producer and Researcher with expertise in the development of content for continuing education events and webinars for lawyers and senior-level compliance executives. Particular expertise in topics relating to the FCPA, global anti-bribery compliance and other overlapping regulatory compliance issues is strongly preferred. This position is ideal for a recent law school graduate, junior conference producer or law firm CLE coordinator with a background/experience in legal research who is looking to develop a subject matter expertise in the anti-corruption field. Although prior knowledge of the relevant laws and instruments – including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act 2010 and the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention – is not required, the successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain familiarity with these and other legal regimes and also cultivate a network of industry contacts. Experience with webinar platforms and general event planning/coordination a plus. An avid reader and compliance/legal trends watcher will succeed in this role.
- Carry out in-depth research and analyze findings to validate conference/webinar topics and develop program agendas
- Source, invite and confirm senior level industry professionals to speak at TRACE events/webinars and build a database of industry experts
- Assist in the development of new webinars for the TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation (TASA) program
- Create original content and engaging copy for event and webinar related promotional materials
- Conduct ongoing research and use critical thinking to identify new conference ideas and topics
- Provide the marketing team with strategic information on potential sponsorship opportunities
- Compile and provide the training director and CLE coordinator with requested documents/information in support of state applications for continuing legal education
- Identify speaking opportunities within the U.S. and globally and draft proposals
- Provide ongoing support to marketing and training teams as required
- A strong academic background (a Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree, such as JD or MBA preferred)
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with highly developed business acumen
- Superior organizational, communication, inter-personal and writing skills
- Independence and initiative
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Project management experience preferred
- Fluency in a foreign language a plus
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.