Spa Fitness and Wellness
Entry Level Manager
Hourly US Dollar (USD) pay basis
Req ID: AUS004745
Miraval Austin is seeking a Farm Supervisor to join our Cypress Creek Farm team. This position provides crucial administrate and clerical support for the Farm, supervises our Farm Field Laborers, will be involved in the facilitation of Farm specific programming as needed, and will provide Farm labor on a regular basis. This will include serving as the communication liaison, maintaining schedules and calendars, attending meetings and following up on action items, acting as a project manager for planning and implementing of time-specific farm tasks, and helping serve as the point person for the Cypress Creek property.
Cypress Creek Farm is a ten-acre operation created in 2012 to support Miraval Austin Resort and Spa. The farm hosts a progressive equine program, sustainable vegetable production farm, free-range chicken coop, an apiary, and a medicinal herb garden. It utilizes permaculture practices to support the soil’s microbial life and demonstrate thoughtful stewardship.
The farm’s mission is to provide guests a unique and memorable connection to land and life force. Miraval’s farm guests enjoy classes, private consultations, and lectures six days a week. Profound personal and collective improvements are possible at the farm, where guests can be intimate with the living systems related to their food production and total wellbeing in a way that highlights the terroir of the Texas hill country. All of the produce grown is featured in the hotel’s farm-to-table restaurant, and the farm’s herbs are grown and crafted for the hotel’s world-class proprietary spa services.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including unlimited PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Qualified candidates must present a professional demeanor, have agricultural and farm experience, have excellent communication skills, be adaptable, and demonstrate leadership skills. Additional qualifications include -
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, sun and dust for extended period of time
- Must be able to perform all tasks associated with farming including ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- CPR/First Aid Certified/Wilderness First Aid preferred or ability to become certified within 30 days of start date
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Horticulture or agriculture degree preferred.
- Diversified Sustainable annual production: 2+ years field experience
- Agricultural Farm Operations: 5+ years field experience
- Permaculture Modeled Landscape Design Certified: 1+ years field experience
- Hospitality experience: 2+ years
- Management experience: 2+ years
- Bio-Region relevant agricultural experience: 2+ years
- Integrative Wellness related focus