Potomac Yard Constructors is actively hiring for the roles of Construction Field Engineer through Construction Project Engineer (1yr to 10yrs experience) for construction of the new Potomac Yard Metrorail Station in Alexandria, VA. Multiple positions available. Great opportunity to gain experience and/or build your resume on $200M+ infrastructure project. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
This position will report directly to the Project's General Superintendent/Construction Manager, Project Manager and/or Project Engineer and will assist with the following duties:
- Supervision & Scheduling of Job Activities
- Enforce Site Safety at All Times
- Subcontractor Oversight
- Project Planning, Coordination and Scheduling of Subcontractors
- Prepare Various Daily Site Reports
- Oversee Daily Field Operations and Coordinate Purchases
- Track Production and Cost
- Material Take-off & Purchasing
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
The role of Field Engineer will be responsible to assist in all areas of the project assigned. Actively make decisions in a timely and professional manner, while demonstrating a complete understanding of the business operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management (Note: Work experience can be substituted for education above High School at 2 years directly applicable experience for 1 year schooling).
- 1 - 10 yrs field experience
- F.E. and/or P.E. a plus
- Previous experience working for WMATA a plus.
- Competency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
This position requires the ability to stand for a prolonged period of time, climb stairs and ladders. Will be required to work in an active heavy construction site where there will be loud noises, mud, dirt, walking on irregular ground, and large construction equipment.
PYC is an equal opportunity employer.