- Provide program enhancements and support for SCADA host application software - Ignition
- Develop, design, implement and support SCADA HMI (Human-Machine-Interface) screens in Ignition SCADA system
- Work with field and office personnel on the setup and configuration of new devices and facilities in the SCADA system and resolve any data or communication issues.
- Provide phone, email, and/or face-to-face end user support for SCADA application systems - this includes field and corporate end users
- Develop and/or improve on existing techniques and processes
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor's in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar technically related field
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Proficient with SQL tools and relational databases
- Proficient in c++ and socket programming
- Experience working on low level protocols (e.g. ISO 7816)
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work on-call
- SCADA experience in the oil and gas industry
- HMI Design and Development experience
- Proficient in T-SQL programming
- Proficient in Python
- Proficient with Ignition SCADA software
- Development experience particularly in Python, SQL, .NET
- Proficient in .NET development using C#
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reports
This staff position, based in Midland, Texas or Farmiington, NM will report to the VP Operations. The SCADA Programmer Analyst will develop and support the SCADA capabilities for our Production Operations Department. This position will entail about 75% development and 25% support, configuration and administration duties. Hours: Mo-Fr 7:00a - 4:30p (evening / weekend on-call as needed).
This is a challenging position and requires first and foremost a very detailed-orientated person with high energy and exceptional problem-solving skills. They must be highly motivated, have excellent communication skills, can work complex problems to resolution, and be able to work in a team environment.